We’ve been around since 1999 and we aren’t staying still. We are driving a technology focused approach to how we operate and we need a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join us and support our strategic vision for 2020 and beyond.
· Competitive salary DOE;
· flexible working;
· performance related discretionary bonus;
· incremental holiday allowance;
· company sick pay;
· cash back health cover;
· contributory pension;
· monthly fresh fruit and month-end lunches;
· warm and friendly working environment;
· passionate colleagues with great team spirit; and
· free car parking.
About the role…
As the Senior Software Engineer/Architect at RIFT, you will play an instrumental role in the design and delivery of our technology solutions. You will be responsible for enabling innovation, contributing to the reduction of waste and improving business performance.
Working with the wider team you will develop software in line with appropriate standards and best practices, monitor application behaviour and provide immediate resolution of issues. You will become a key member of an agile development team, making design decisions, working with the latest technologies and frameworks alongside other developers.
Below is an outline of our current technical landscape:
Technology: Continuous integration services, REST APIs, SQL, Automated test services
Platforms: Heroku, Azure, AWS
A bit about our culture…
Culture is a word used to describe people’s ‘way of life’, meaning the way groups do things. Every company has a culture, but here at RIFT we have something truly unique. Passion for delighting our customers runs deep in our veins, whether you work directly with our customers or provide an internal service to our colleagues. This unwavering passion is what draws us together to provide a seamless and efficient journey for our customer.
In case you can’t already tell – we love our customers, and they stand at the centre of every business decision we make. Our intricate understanding of their pain points and desires has driven us over the past 15 years to sharpen our sector knowledge, resulting in the design of remarkable and trusted solutions that truly make an impact.
We laugh (a lot), speak the truth (and nothing but the truth) and push ourselves (and one another) to dominate the world of tax returns. We know that happy employees deliver, which in turn creates happy customers who return. For this very reason, we have developed an environment that enables our colleagues to realise not only our dream but that of their own.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a similar role,
· Preferably experienced with Serverless Architecture, Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, GCP), React Native, Native Script, Progressive Web Applications, Machine Learning.
· Experience of iterative/agile development methodologies.
· Insatiable curiosity and track record of delivering value.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Strong project management skills.
· Excellent organisational skills and ability to deliver to specific deadlines.
· Great analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
· Self-motivated, can-do attitude and keen for the next challenge.
· Ability to prioritise own workload.
· A true team player, able to lead with strong collaboration skills.
· Demonstrates the RIFT Core Values to a high standard: Reliability, Integrity, Friendliness, and Tenacity.
Our business is in a good place right now, but where we are going is even better! For your chance to join the RIFT movement, submit your CV via the link below.
We’re dedicated to equal opportunities for all and we aim to ensure no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of, or is disadvantaged by, any conditions or requirements that aren’t justifiable, therefore please do let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made ahead of your interview.
RIFT Group is GDPR compliant. Please visit the RIFT Group website’s careers page to view our Privacy Statement, which confirms how we collect, process and protect your personal data.