Our Sales Advisors are responsible for converting leads generated from our marketing activities into signed up customers. You will work as part of an enthusiastic and target driven team and your primary focus will be to contact people who have made enquiries about our service, answering any questions they may have, assessing their eligibility and selling them the correct service.
Our customers often need to talk to us outside of standard office hours so you will need be able to work different shifts (within the period of 08:30am – 20:30pm).
RIFT helps people to claim back tax they have overpaid to HMRC – we’ve reclaimed over £153 million for tens of thousands of individuals nationwide. Many people lose hard earned money to the taxman that should be back in their own pockets, making their own lives easier.
As well as excellent communication and listening skills plus a polite and friendly telephone manner, you’ll need to be comfortable providing the same level of service by email and text to suit customers’ communication preferences. Customer service is incredibly important to us and we were delighted to win the 2015 Kent Excellence in Business Award for Customer Service and Commitment.
Description and purpose:
The Sales Advisor is responsible for converting potential leads into signed up customers. They will work as part of an enthusiastic and target driven team with the primary focus on delivering new business from the leads that are generated through the company’s marketing activities. Working different shifts to suit the needs of the customer is a requirement in this role.
The individual will need to have excellent communication and listening skills with a polite and friendly telephone manner. They will need a positive attitude with the ability to think on their feet and be motivated by success. They will be an advocate of the RIFT Vision and demonstrate the company values, as defined through the company strategy.
- Excellent communicating and listening skills
- Ability to put themselves in the Customer’s shoes
- Strong relationship builder
- Adaptable and flexible
- Patient and empathetic
- Organised and self motivated
- Individual determination to succeed
- Overcoming objections
- Good negotiation skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Ability to manage own workload and calendar
- At least one year experience in telesales
- Good closing skills
Key Responsibilities and Functions:
- Delivery of agreed individual Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Consistently meeting daily sales targets
- Communicating with customers via telephone and SMS and digital channels
- Fully utilise customer management systems, ensuring that relevant data is entered and updated.
- Attend and contribute to Contact Centre Team meetings
- Seek and raise ideas for continuous improvement of RIFT internal practices and processes relating to Admin tasks ensuring that standards and service are maintained and exceeded.
- Proactively seek and raise ideas on how these systems can evolve and improve
- Embrace excellence and create the future – drive out inefficiencies in working practices, resolve complex problems.
- To remain up to date with current processes and procedures both at HMRC but also within RIFT to ensure that knowledge of these practices is relevant for the role.
- Attend training as appropriate to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to company policy and procedures, particularly relating to HR matters and Health & Safety.
- Carry out any task deemed necessary to develop the ongoing success of the company.