Independent and proud, the RIFT Group has been helping clients get the most from their money since 1999. From claiming tax refunds for individuals through to helping small business innovators claim R&D Tax Credits, we combine world-class expertise with inexhaustible passion.
- Competitive basic salary (depending on experience);
- warm and friendly working environment;
- passionate colleagues with great team spirit;
- incremental holiday allowance;
- company sick pay;
- career progression;
- monthly fresh fruit and month-end lunches;
- free car parking; and
- contributory pension and cash back health cover.
About the Role…
As the Tax Consultant at RIFT Research and Development you will be ultimately be responsible for completing R&D tax credit assessments for a portfolio of clients, ensuring you work closely with them; acting as a trusted partner in order to gain an in depth understanding of their business and agenda.
You will be required to follow up on leads and qualify potential new clients in order to drive new business across the department and maximise revenue.
Additionally, you will be required to take full ownership of your administration, ensuring records are accurate and up to date and efficient systems are in place for smooth day-to-day operation and support senior consultants when appropriate.
Due to the nature of the role you will be expected to attend meetings at client sites and it is essential that you have your own transport.
About our Company Culture…
Culture is a word used to describe people’s ‘way of life’, meaning the way groups do things. Every company has a culture, but here at RIFT we have something truly unique. Passion for delighting our customers runs deep in our veins, whether you work directly with our customers or provide an internal service to our colleagues. This unwavering passion is what draws us together to provide a seamless and efficient journey for our customer.
In case you can’t already tell – we love our customers, and they stand at the centre of every business decision we make. Our intricate understanding of their pain points and desires has driven us over the past 15 years to sharpen our sector knowledge, resulting in the design of remarkable and trusted solutions that truly make an impact.
We laugh (a lot), speak the truth (and nothing but the truth) and push ourselves (and one another) to dominate the world of tax returns. We know that happy employees deliver, which in turn creates happy customers who return. For this very reason, we have developed an environment that enables our colleagues to realise not only our dream but that of their own.
- Previous experience within a report writing or similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- GCSE’s (C + in Maths and English) or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- At least 12 months of experience liaising with clients within the last 2 years of your career.
- Results orientated with a demonstrable experience of consistent target attainment.
- Ability to forge effective relationships with a broad range of people.
- Confident and articulate communicator with the ability to establish credibility and interface with decision makers.
- Strong understanding of “solutions selling”.
- Highly agile and able to adapt to different people and changing circumstances.
- Innovative approach to work and uses resources creatively.
- Strong organisation, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritise under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a high volume of work.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to energise others.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Demonstrates the RIFT Core Values to a high standard: Reliability, Integrity, Friendliness, and Tenacity.
Our business is in a good place right now, but where we are going is even better! For your chance to join the RIFT movement, submit your CV via the link below.
Please note, there will be various reading, writing and excel based tests within our interview process. We’re dedicated to equal opportunities for all and we aim to ensure no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of, or is disadvantaged by, any conditions or requirements that aren’t justifiable, therefore please do let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made ahead of your interview.