Established in January 2018, RIFT Social Enterprise is a not-for-profit organisation supporting people who are furthest away from the employment market, including those with convictions, disabilities and the long-term unemployed. Offering guidance, advice and training, RIFT Social Enterprise helps beneficiaries improve their understanding of their tax situation and entitlements, helps them resolve tax issues, reclaim or pay tax owed and enable them to leave prison with their tax affairs in order. It also supports people who are interested in becoming self-employed for many months after they have first established contact.
RIFT Social Enterprise is part of the RIFT Group which has been helping clients get the most from their money since 1999.
- Salary of up to £30,000 DOE;
- 23 days holiday + 8 bank holidays;
- contributory pension;
- monthly fresh fruit and month-end lunches;
- warm and friendly working environment;
- passionate colleagues with great team spirit; and
- free car parking.
About the role…
As Project Lead, you will play a pivotal part in driving the successful delivery of operational activities for RIFT Social Enterprise whilst providing specialist support to the CEO and RIFT Group Board.
You will liaise with our customers to provide support and advice on administration and operational issues, ensuring information is recorded accurately and in a timely manner. Ensuring the necessary paperwork is completed to manage each case effectively from beginning to end, while planning and prioritising cases in order for claims or tax queries to be dealt with in a timely manner by the two tax consultants whom you will be managing.
Acting as the point of contact for the Social Enterprise, you will be required to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external parties, such as RIFT Group Tax Consultants and our contract and pilot single points of contact. As well as suggesting improvements for RIFT Social Enterprise service delivery, you will seek to design and implement robust systems for monitoring output within various contracts to allow reporting to a variety of audiences. You will innovate and suggest lean systems of working, providing the CEO with summary data on a regular basis and presented in a format that is easily digestible.
A bit about our culture…
Culture is a word used to describe people’s ‘way of life’, meaning the way groups do things. Every company has a culture, but here at RIFT we have something truly unique. Passion for delighting our customers runs deep in our veins, whether you work directly with our customers or provide an internal service to our colleagues. This unwavering passion is what draws us together to provide a seamless and efficient journey for our customer.
In case you can’t already tell – we love our customers, and they stand at the centre of every business decision we make. Our intricate understanding of their pain points and desires has driven us over the past 15 years to sharpen our sector knowledge, resulting in the design of remarkable and trusted solutions that truly make an impact.
We laugh (a lot), speak the truth (and nothing but the truth) and push ourselves (and one another) to dominate the world of tax returns. We know that happy employees deliver, which in turn creates happy customers who return. For this very reason, we have developed an environment that enables our colleagues to realise not only our dream but that of their own.
- Previous project management experience a distinct advantage.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to analyse large quantities of information and draw logical conclusions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and manage complex projects.
- Excels in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organisation with the ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritise under pressure.
- Previous experience of managing staff
- Demonstrates the RIFT Core Values to a high standard: Reliability, Integrity, Friendliness, and Tenacity.
We’re dedicated to equal opportunities for all and we aim to ensure no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of, or is disadvantaged by, any conditions or requirements that aren’t justifiable, therefore please do let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made ahead of your interview.
RIFT Group is GDPR compliant. Please visit the RIFT Group website’s careers page to view our Privacy Statement, which confirms how we collect, process and protect your personal data.