At RIFT, we believe in a high-performance culture which emphasises empowerment, quality, productivity and goal attainment whilst allowing our colleagues to be the best version of themselves. Due to continued growth we are looking for a passionate Learning and Development Manager to come on board and play a key role in driving the success of the Learning and Development function.
- Salary up to £35,000 per annum DOE;
- warm and friendly working environment;
- passionate colleagues with great team spirit;
- incremental holiday allowance;
- company sick pay;
- monthly fresh fruit and month-end lunches;
- free car parking; and
- contributory pension and cash back health cover.
About the role…
As the Learning and Development Manager at RIFT, you will be responsible for leading and inspiring a small team of learning and development professionals to drive capability and competency uplift across our Customer Service and Leadership teams. This will include review and management of existing training and assessment materials and programmes, procurement of new courses and oversight of developing career pathways.
You will create effective training measures, in order to drive real and tangible outcomes, empowering our frontline and leadership teams to better serve our expanding customer sectors. You will be accountable for unlocking the full potential within our workforce and will apply a nuanced understanding of leading best practice in training and assessment. This role will also be responsible for developing and facilitating our internal leadership training program, ensuring our current leaders are equipped with the skills they need to perform their roles and that our future leadership pipeline is stocked with budding talent.
Our Learning and Development department is currently undergoing a huge transformation; therefore this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to help us rebuild the function and own its exciting evolution!
A bit about our culture…
Culture is a word used to describe people’s ‘way of life’, meaning the way groups do things. Every company has a culture, but here at RIFT we have something truly unique. Passion for delighting our customers runs deep in our veins, whether you work directly with our customers or provide an internal service to our colleagues. This unwavering passion is what draws us together to provide a seamless and efficient journey for our customer.
In case you can’t already tell – we love our customers, and they stand at the centre of every business decision we make. Our intricate understanding of their pain points and desires has driven us over the past 15 years to sharpen our sector knowledge, resulting in the design of remarkable and trusted solutions that truly make an impact.
We laugh (a lot), speak the truth (and nothing but the truth) and push ourselves (and one another) to dominate the world of tax returns. We know that happy employees deliver, which in turn creates happy customers who return. For this very reason, we have developed an environment that enables our colleagues to realise not only our dream but that of their own.
- Practiced Learning and Development Manager with 5+ years’ experience within contact centre, customer service or sales environments.
- Ideally in possession of the following qualifications (or their equivalents): Train the Trainer, CIPD qualification in Learning and Development, L5 Diploma in Management and Leadership.
- Able to develop and execute training sessions using various learning concepts such as interactive, classroom, hands on and e-learning.
- Excellent writing skills and proven experience of instructional design across technical and non-technical subjects.
- Engaging leader with proven experience coaching, developing and improving leadership skills.
- Proven experience with identifying training needs of an organisation, recognising where changes and improvements can be made and developing training programmes to support these changes.
- Able to develop effective, easy to use TNA tools.
- Results orientated and proven track record of delivering value.
- Possesses interest in both the areas of helping and persuading.
- Engaging, even-paced communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload and deliver to specific deadlines.
- Self-motivated and keen for the next challenge.
- A true team player and strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrates the RIFT Core Values to a high standard: Reliability, Integrity, Friendliness, and Tenacity.
Our business is in a good place right now, but where we are going is even better! For your chance to join the RIFT movement, submit your CV via the link below.
We’re dedicated to equal opportunities for all and we aim to ensure no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of, or is disadvantaged by, any conditions or requirements that aren’t justifiable, therefore please do let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made ahead of your interview.
RIFT Group is GDPR compliant. Please visit the RIFT Group website’s careers page to view our Privacy Statement, which confirms how we collect, process and protect your personal data.