Independent and proud, the RIFT Group has been helping clients get the most from their money since 1999. From claiming tax refunds for individuals through to helping small business innovators claim R&D Tax Credits, we combine world-class expertise with inexhaustible passion.
- Competitive salary DOE;
- performance related discretionary bonus;
- 28 days holiday + 8 bank holidays;
- company sick pay;
- private medical insurance plus cash back health cover;
- life insurance;
- contributory pension;
- monthly fresh fruit and month-end lunches;
- warm and friendly working environment;
- passionate colleagues with great team spirit; and
- free car parking.
About the role…
As Head of Technology at RIFT, you will lead the development and delivery of technology solutions, enabling innovation, reduction of waste and improved business performance. As well as overseeing the day to day operations of IT Services, you will lead and grow a team of developers alongside pioneering and executing the company’s technology strategy. You will be responsible for evolving our IT estate and revolutionising the delivery of tax refunds, all whilst creating operational efficiencies and enhancing the customer experience.
You will be required to build collaborative working relationships at board level and will also become an active member of the Senior Leadership team, ensuring that the goals and objectives of each department are realised through successful deployment of technical solutions.
Below is an outline of our current technical landscape:
Technology: Continuous integration services, REST APIs, SQL, Automated test services
Platforms: Heroku, Azure, AWS
A bit about our culture…
Culture is a word used to describe people’s ‘way of life’, meaning the way groups do things. Every company has a culture, but here at RIFT we have something truly unique. Passion for delighting our customers runs deep in our veins, whether you work directly with our customers or provide an internal service to our colleagues. This unwavering passion is what draws us together to provide a seamless and efficient journey for our customer.
In case you can’t already tell – we love our customers, and they stand at the centre of every business decision we make. Our intricate understanding of their pain points and desires has driven us over the past 15 years to sharpen our sector knowledge, resulting in the design of remarkable and trusted solutions that truly make an impact.
We laugh (a lot), speak the truth (and nothing but the truth) and push ourselves (and one another) to dominate the world of tax returns. We know that happy employees deliver, which in turn creates happy customers who return. For this very reason, we have developed an environment that enables our colleagues to realise not only our dream but that of their own.
- Experience as a senior level software developer with strong and successful technical lead experience.
- Experience of leading and growing a team of developers.
- Experience with portal and app development.
- Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies.
- Experience of managing, directing and motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives.
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and strategy and implementation communication.
- Established credibility and experience interfacing with senior leadership.
- Experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and board level.
- Experience of writing briefings, reports and business communications.
- Experience of managing cross-business improvement projects.
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate ideas.
- Ability to multi-task and manage complex projects.
- Excels in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of seniority.
- Strong organisation with the ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritise under pressure.
- Demonstrates the RIFT Core Values to a high standard: Reliability, Integrity, Friendliness, and Tenacity.
Our business is in a good place right now, but where we are going is even better! For your chance to join the RIFT movement, submit your CV via the link below.
We’re dedicated to equal opportunities for all and we aim to ensure no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of, or is disadvantaged by, any conditions or requirements that aren’t justifiable, therefore please do let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made ahead of your interview.
RIFT Group is GDPR compliant. Please visit the RIFT Group website’s careers page to view our Privacy Statement, which confirms how we collect, process and protect your personal data.