Independent and proud, the RIFT Group has been helping clients get the most from their money since 1999. From claiming tax refunds for individuals through to helping small business innovators claim R&D Tax Credits, we combine world-class expertise with inexhaustible passion.
- £15,000 basic starting salary (incremental based on progression);
- opportunity for fast track career advancement and further learning;
- ability to acquire qualifications such as ATT;
- incremental holiday allowance and holiday purchasing options;
- company sick pay;
- monthly fresh fruit and month-end lunches;
- contributory pension and cash back private health cover;
- performance related discretionary bonus;
- free car parking;
- discounts via our intranet site including cinema tickets and local restaurants;
- warm and friendly working environment; and
- passionate colleagues with great team spirit.
About the role…
Our Personal Tax Assistants play a key role in our business. They are accountable for ensuring our customers receive timely and informative updates, alongside supporting our Personal Tax Teams with the set up and closure of self-assessment records via HMRC. You do not need to possess any knowledge surrounding tax, tax returns or HMRC rules and regulations – what we are interested in is your potential!
This role is a golden ticket to fast track career progression where in 12-18 months, you could be a RIFT qualified Personal Tax Consultant! What you do here at RIFT really makes a difference to the lives of many, so if you have ambition, good written and verbal communication, sound numeracy and IT skills and the desire to work part of a collaborative team who change the lives of those they service, then this might be the job for you!
Working hours are 37.5 per week, 9:00 – 5:30.
A bit about our culture…
Culture is a word used to describe people’s ‘way of life’, meaning the way groups do things. Every company has a culture, but here at RIFT we have something truly unique. Passion for delighting our customers runs deep in our veins, whether you work directly with our customers or provide an internal service to our colleagues. This unwavering passion is what draws us together to provide a seamless and efficient journey for our customers.
In case you can’t already tell – we love our customers, and they stand at the centre of every business decision we make. Our intricate understanding of their pain points and desires has driven us over the past 15 years to sharpen our sector knowledge, resulting in the design of remarkable and trusted solutions that truly make an impact.
We laugh (a lot), speak the truth (and nothing but the truth) and push ourselves (and one another) to dominate the world of tax returns. We know that happy employees deliver, which in turn creates happy customers who return. For this very reason, we have developed an environment that enables our colleagues to realise not only our dream but that of their own.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Great listening and problem-solving skills.
- Good at simplifying complicated things.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Resilient and the ability to recover from setbacks quickly.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to energise others.
- Confident operating computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Well organised and able to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise under pressure.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Embodies the RIFT values: Reliable, Integrity, Friendly and Tenacious.
Our business is in a good place right now, but where we are going is even better! For your chance to join the RIFT movement, submit your CV via the link below.