RIFT Group currently has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our fantastic RIFT Accounting Team. RIFT Accounting provides accounting services to small and medium businesses nationwide, working closely with each client to understand the needs of the business and provide a simplified and unique service which is more than just maths.
- £18,000 – £20,000 per annum DOE;
- opportunity for career advancement and continued learning;
- incremental holiday allowance;
- company sick pay;
- monthly fresh fruit and month-end lunches;
- contributory pension and cash back private health cover;
- performance related discretionary bonus;
- free car parking;
- warm and friendly working environment; and
- passionate colleagues with great team spirit.
About the role
This is a blended role of accounting based responsibilities and account management. Working closely with our construction clients, you will be preparing statutory company accounts, bookkeeping, VAT and CIS returns and basic tax returns; you will also be required to provide top-notch accounting advice to aid clients with the management of their accounts all the while ensuring client relationships are nurtured and developed. Training will be provided and previous experience is not necessary, this role is perfect for a driven individual who is looking for an opportunity to develop an accounting career in a forward thinking practice.
We pride ourselves on making it as easy as possible to help our clients gain command of their finances. We like to be part of our customers’ teams, simplifying everything and removing the jargon, so a large part of your role will be dealing with client queries and responding where necessary, while supporting the business development team with their administrative functions.
Culture is a word used to describe people’s ‘way of life’, meaning the way groups do things. Every company has a culture, but here at RIFT we have something truly unique. Passion for delighting our customers runs deep in our veins, whether you work directly with our customers or provide an internal service to our colleagues. This unwavering passion is what draws us together to provide a seamless and efficient journey for our customers.
In case you can’t already tell – we love our customers, and they stand at the centre of every business decision we make. We know that happy employees deliver, which in turn creates happy customers who return. For this very reason, we have developed an environment that enables our colleagues to realise not only our dream but that of their own.
- An AAT qualification would be an advantage, but is not necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills and personal presentation
- Advanced Excel skills, highly computer literate
- Strong communication skills; confident in all areas of communication and presentation
- High attention to detail with the ability to identify inaccuracies in work
- Analytical with an enquiring mind; seeks process improvements
- Committed to the RIFT expected standards of customer service
- Highly proactive and resourceful
- The ability to multi task and can maintain a calm demeanour when under pressure
- Demonstrates the RIFT Core Values to a high standard: Reliability, Integrity, Friendliness, and Tenacity
Our business is in a good place right now, but where we are going is even better! For your chance to join the RIFT movement, submit your CV via the link below.
We’re dedicated to equal opportunities for all and we aim to ensure no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of, or is disadvantaged by, any conditions or requirements that aren’t justifiable, therefore please do let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made ahead of your interview.
RIFT Group is GDPR compliant. Please visit the RIFT Group website’s careers page to view our Privacy Statement, which confirms how we collect, process and protect your personal data.